Thursday, November 24, 2005

ch 1

it begins like this:

thanksgiving day is a day reminding me of the emptiness of my life. it's a day of family gatherings, but my family does not gather. my parents don't get along with their respective in-laws. my mom and dad don't even get along. whenever we are all in a room, i play this little game where i count the seconds before a petty fight breaks out.

i told my mom "you and dad are crazy." she said, "yeah and that is why you're crazy and were on medication."

i still am, but this is not doctor prescribed nor legal in this hypocritical society.

my mom doesn't even always have traditional thanksgiving food. i just ate chicken, rice, and brocoli. "well there's also pecan pie" she said. but that's not pumpkin, and it helps no one's case that i don't even eat pie.

so it feels lonely when all your friends are unavailable because of family time and you're isolated enjoying a normal day the same as any other day, holiday or not.

and it began like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker