Monday, March 21, 2005

If you told me you love me,
I would wait forever,
If you told me you didn’t,
I would know that you love me,
But you don’t tell me these things,
Rather we don’t talk much anymore.

When I lay in bed awake at nite,
I look up at the darkness on the ceiling,
I’m wondering if you’re doing the same thing,
Or if you’re fast asleep curled around his arms.

I wonder if in another life you’d be my wife,
Or maybe at least I wouldn’t have met you,
As each sun sets,
All my regrets,
Appear in the sky,
Little stars from a far,
But close to my heart.

When I run,
I think of you,
When I drive,
I think of you,
When I hold my guitar,
I imagine you,
When I think of the ocean,
I smile,
And I think of you.

I’m silly to think,
Stupid to dream,
Foolish to hope,
I’m me.

It’s getting late,
I’d better go,
I can’t wait,
Here anymore,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker