Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Loren

She went away on a holiday,
She leaves every weekend,
She says she needs to get away,
She says she’s visiting a friend,
I asked her for her girl friend’s name,
And she said John.

I called her a couple of times,
I hate hearing her voicemail beep,
I wonder if I’m on her mind,
Why doesn’t she call me,
We’ve been together for six months now,
We’re still going strong.

We never fight like couples do,
We always just work things out,
I think that she loves me too,
But now I’m starting to have my doubts,
Shouldn’t she miss me automatically,
What the fuck’s going on?

When she got back into town,
I asked to go for a walk,
My heart wanted to hang around,
But my instincts brought up “the talk”,
I asked what had been weighing on my mind,
What I knew all along,
She said that she thought everything was fine,
But we knew she was wrong,
I asked if we should give it more time,
But a line had been drawn,
I looked into her eyes and let out a sigh,
As all my hopes moved on,
I closed both my heart and my eyes,
And then she was gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker