Wednesday, April 13, 2005

trevor jones kiss

my dad today was telling me he's thinking of selling one of his rental properties that hasn't been rented out for quite some time. some guy apparently has asked my dad to sell twice now, saying he'll pay in cash for the whole thing, upfront.

my dad is seriously considering. also my parents do not at all need more money.

then he told me that i should be thinking of buying a house real soon. i said, i have thought about it, but the thing is, i don't have enough money to afford. i could rent out rooms to people (hopefully friends) and they could help support the mortgage. but i don't necessarily want to rely on that.

and in all honesty, i don't know right now where i'll be in another year. i'm 99% sure i'll still be here but that 1% of uncertainty stems from certain matters of greater importance.

he said he'd help pay for the downpayment and the monthly mortgage. i just laughed at him. he then very seriously said, he'd pay for it all and i could just pay him back like with monthly rent.

the house he could/would sell could easily pay for the house he would buy. interesting.

still i feel this is really taking advantage. remember i am very responsible and always filled with worldly guilt.

he might sell the house anyway though. and if he does, what is he realistically going to do with that money that he already doesn't need. also it would be a fucking shame if he gave the money to my brother who would waste it by not working for like 4 years and living off that shit.

plus, since i was a kid, often my dad would offer money (as all dad's do) to my brother and i for no reason at all. and i almost always refused it. i don't need his money. i don't need my parent's money. i have my own. that's why i work right? but my brother would always take it. whether it was $5 or $100, i would always refuse and my brother would always take. then one day someone asked me, why? why would i just not take it. he is offering. he has more to spare. i should just take. i COULD use it for something. what am i trying to prove right? and that made me think. and i still refused money offered after that conversation, but i always did wonder later, well why not? if i don't take it now, i'll probably inherit it later anyway. and then what? what would i do with a lump sum years down the road? i don't know at all. even if he gives me this money now, i'll stlil have a large inheritance most likely.

so i might be house shopping this summer. even though i'm only 99% sure i'll be here, why not just do it in the meantime?

of course my mom wasn't part of this conversation and will most likely protest as she likes to hide her savings in unreachable, untangible holes that will never see the light while she is alive.

but still, very very interesting. i might be looking for housemates. anyone interested (billy)?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker