Sunday, September 25, 2005

i'm still dulled by your silence
it's almost as if
my wish came true
to make you dead
in my heart and in my ears
no more pseudo hello's
no more awkward goodbyes
to salt the scar from the scab
you so elegantly had
made 3 lifetimes ago
an echo in the wrinkles of ghost smiles
one for you and one for me
a pair made from a blade saved
for the first cut
not the deepest
but a wound to reason
and for this reason
a wound too defeating
to lift my head into clouds ever again
i will not think or dream
of promises that cannot keep
like a secret so cheap
of a reality best kept
as hopeful lies lined in children's books
please don't tell me
it'll all work out
because my doubt outweighs
any comfort you could save
for the rainiest of days
when blankets wrap around
like the coffin i so often
imagine to lay in
when you said goodbye with your eyes
as i said i love you with mine
side by side next to thought
oh how she still keeps me company
even when i only want
to be alone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
eXTReMe Tracker